Joining CUPE Local 1099 is the best thing you can do to improve your job and the jobs of your co-workers. Start improving your job now by getting in touch with CUPE today!
In every province, workers have the right to join a union and choose a union to represent them when dealing with their employer.
Get a Membership Application Card from your Facility Rep, fill out a Membership Application Card and send it to the Treasurer with the one time initiation fee of $2.00, as required by law. Upon receipt of your membership application and initiation fee you will become a card-carrying member of CUPE Local 1099. As a card-carrying member you are entitled to the following:
- the opportunity to be fully informed about your union/local and what it does.
- invitations to monthly and/or special membership meetings where decisions, which directly affect Support Staff, are made.
- voting rights on the decisions of your local.
- the ability to run for elected positions.
- become a delegate of your union and attend conferences, workshops, and education opportunities.
In order to receive your new membership card you must be sworn in. This process may take place at the first membership meeting you attend.